Saturday, September 29, 2007

So interesting how they are the same but different.

Here is my version of the 5 Petal bag that Jo did in the post below.




To me they look so different just because of the color differences. I like Jo's color choices as they are going to little girls. My color choices are more appropriate choices for grown-up "girls". So my question to all of you is does color choice make an enormous difference or as long as they are ok colors it really doesn't make that much of a difference? Could a little girl also where mine and a big girl wear Jo's?

Here is my second Pipes and braids in grays and black unfelted. I forgot to add the X's and braids and just now have a felted it. So now I am going to felt those additional pieces separately and sew them on hoping for the best. I may have to give it all one more short cycle of washing to fuse it together however I am a little leery of doing that as I don't want to make the bag any smaller. For whatever reason the gray bag shrunk more the the red Pipes and Braid bag even though I washed them both the same length of time and at the same temperature.

1 comment:

Kiwi Jo said...

Oooh, I like the grays - such a different look to the jewel tones. One of the things I'm enjoying about this KAL is seeing everyone's color choices.