Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bowling Bag

Ok. So I ordered the patten a couple of weeks ago, but put th projec on hold...but then this kal came along so I ordered the yarn. I got Burly Spun in Limeaid (only because the didn't have a pink I liked, ) for the pocket I was "safe" and went with cream. I ordered the yarn on line ( http://www.shuttleworks.com - I'm in Canada and this store is in Canada as well) as i do live in a rather remote area and don't have a yarn store near me. I was surprised when I received my order (2 days later!) as the burly spun was expensivve at $20.20 each skein...is that a "normal" price? Anyway i love the color, wound it into balls and cast on last night. I couldn't wait to felt it so I don't have a before pic and it is currently in the washer now. Once it comes out I'll take a pic and post it so Sharon can see one of her bag "children".

1 comment:

Sheknits said...

I Googled Burly Spun and found
www.TheYarnExchange.com/Burly.html Large Selection - Fast Shipping $4.99 USA Shipping - Free over $50- I think it is $15.50 there. I am not sure how it exactly compares but I think my complete purse kits are a good deal even with the shipping. know I charge less for the yarn, and the kit includes the yarn, the pattern and the snap...not trying to be an obnoxious sales person...but I really tired to do these kits as reasonably as possible for people.

If it makes you feel better, I see the finished bags for about $150 out of a high end boutique near to where I live..and people definitely buy them.

I love how you picked Limeade...what a gorgeous stand-out bag you will have.
Sharon