Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Introduction from Jo

Hi there She-Knitters! I'm excited to be sharing the joy of She-Knits patterns with you. My name is Jo, I blog at Kiwi Jo and I'm Pania on Ravelry. I am a New Zealander who came to the USA in 2001 to work as a scientist at the National Institutes of Health. I met my husband in 2002 and we will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on Saturday. Sadly we don't have children but are devoted Aunt and Uncle to 1 niece and 4 nephews with another 2 nephews on the way. We share our home with 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 hamster, 2 snakes and a bunch of fresh and salt water fish. I love all sorts of crafts - at the moment I'm mainly knitting but I also love to crochet, cross stitch, sew and quilt.

I've already made 3 Marly bags, one in the She-Knits original color way and Mal's Marly and Funky Marly where I chose my own colors (which was a lot harder than I thought - it made me appreciate Sharon's talent for putting colors together). Over the weekend I ordered some more yarn and I will be knitting the XL Bowling Bag for myself and the Five Petals Wristlet and Sunflower Bag for my little cousins who live in New Zealand. Here's a photo of Charlotte (4) and Holly (6). I can't wait to share a photo of them holding their new She-Knits' bags.



Happy knitting She-Knitters! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

2 comments:

Sheknits said...

Thanks for the intro Jo, it only makes sense that you are the first as you were the actual first one to produce a bag from a She-Knits pattern. You have some lucky neices that have one nice Aunt that will knit for them. Is there an affectionate word for aunt in N.Z.....Like Kiwiauntie?
Also, since you already bought the wristlet patterns I would be happy to send you a chart that you could do on the wristlets of a big heart if you think that would suit one of them more then the flower. Let me know.
Sharon.
PS Would love to hear intros from more of you.

Kiwi Jo said...

I'm just Auntie Jo or Auntie Joanne :) Thanks for the offer for the heart pattern. I think I'd better make them both flower bags since this Auntie learned very early on that there is a potential for trouble if they don't get very similar items!