Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A small Ali Bag for a customer


Customer picked color and size. The full size Ali is a 40 st cast on this one I cast on 26. So the bag is done and now I am making the braid which will have the same colors as the pipe. All those little pieces are the X's. It was fun to make a smaller one, and I love the pipe of red. I wanted to make one of the shoulder straps in red but she didn't like that idea. I thought one charcoal and one red would of been beautiful.....but she didn't think the recipient would like that. What do you think?

I decided that I am going to sew on the X's and felt the bag. Then I will knit the braid, and ready for this leave the braid unfelted....I know don't drop your needles. I think the texture will be cool.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I love this bag too, Sharon. The idea of a red strap sounds good to me, too. I'd love to see the bag after it's felted, and with the braid not being felted. I'm working on another bag, this time I am making the braid to go around. Ok, so now I can really see how you don't knit socks. These bags are quickly becoming my favorites!