Thursday, October 18, 2007

My very own *gulum voice* PRECIOUS


Hey all! I have been wanting to post all about my Marly bag on here for a while but have been super busy and now I am finally getting a chance to do that!

I was lucky enough to get my very own Marly Bag Kit from Sharon as an early birthday gift (NOV. 10..and I have beautiful brown eyes...LOL...inside joke). SERIOUSLY, I wanted to cast on for it as soon as I got it but didn't have the right size needles. So, had to wait for the stores to open the next day.

I did get the cheapo Susan Bates needles at Hobby Lobby because they were 50% off and seeing that my wallet was a little thin (if you know what I mean) I couldn't afford the nice stuff. Anyway, that was Friday. I think I did the Cast On and maybe the first five rows Friday Night.

Saturday morning...I sat in my arm chair and did NOTHING...barely even got up to PEE...but knit this bag! It was so totally addicting! The slip stitching color work is like magic! Sharon told me it was but to actually see it with my own two eyes...AMAZING!!

Anyway, by 7:30 Saturday Night I had it in the washer!!! I called Sharon to let her know...you know, so she could share in the excitement :-)

I pulled it out and stuffed it full of a Sam's Club (economy size) bag of diapers. Seemed to be the perfect fit! It dried over night and I have been using it as a purse ever since!!

Here are some pictures of the Great Event :-)

Now I can't wait to make the Pipes and Braids bag...or the Ally Purse :-)

Marly

Pre-felted...inside out...


Can you tell I haven't showered all day?
I always get a little worried when I put something in the washer...
And for some reason I always take a picture of myself...why?
After the washer and stretched to fit the diapers :-)





Sharon always takes pictures of her bags with either her daughters
or herself holding it. SO, I thought I would
get my daughter to hold my bag.
The dress doesn't really hide her does it, LOL!!



I LOVE MY BAG!!!

8 comments:

Sheknits said...

Marly-
Your enthusiasm is the best! Love your 'picture heavy" post. Your post rightfully should have lots of pictures...after all this is THE MARLY BAG!!!! Thanks for showing it off, good work-
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Your bag is beautiful! I love your pictures and text - good and fun reading :)
Marit

Johnna said...

Fantastic! It's so great to see the namesake of the bag enjoying it so much.

Johnna

YarnThing said...

You all are so great!

Marly

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

YarnThing said...

To the comment above this one...HUH?


LOL!

marly

Fibers said...

Great job Marley! You made it sound very easy to do the color work on Sharon's bags. I think I'll get one as soon as I finish the one I already have!! :) Hey wait a minute...is Sharon paying you to be so happy!!?? No, I'm kidding! I know how it is to be so excited about something that you just can't think about or do anything else.

Annierose said...

OK, how the heck did you get the time off from parenting to knit all day?!? That's what I call a birthday. Looks great!!! :)