Saturday, November 10, 2007

Purple Mini-Melly Bag

Hi all -
I made Sharon's Melly Bag with a lighter weight yarn (Paton's Classic Wool) and love the way it turned out. It is SO cute in person... the obvious change was to do the cable design in the contrasting bag color which I think increases it's 'youthful appeal.'

This is the second time I've used this yarn and it felts beautifully! One cycle thru and it's completely felted (with assistance from Sharon's suggested flip-flops for agitation)!



Happy Knitting!
JavaNut

2 comments:

Sheknits said...

So how did you do that??? Did you just keep switching colors and carry the other colors behind like intarsia? That is such a cool twist (haha) I am going to do that with the Melly I am making right now. They are selling like crazy at the boutique they are in - I am making my 4th one. SO this will be Melly Bag, the Javanut version!

Kiwi Jo said...

Oh wow, that looks great - I want to know how you did that too!